Cisco IP Phones 8800 Series
Easy-to-Use Video and Voice Collaboration
Provide high-quality HD video and advanced VoIP communications for your workplace with the Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series. Select models also integrate telephony with your personal mobile devices. The 8800 series offers flexible deployment options, including Cisco on-premises, hosted, Spark Cloud, and third-party call control platforms.
Features and Capabilities:
The advanced Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series is a great fit for small to large businesses seeking high-quality, full-featured VoIP communications. Select models provide cost-effective entry to HD video and support for in-campus mobile workers over Wireless LAN networks.
The 8800 Series is ideal for knowledge workers, as well as administrative, managerial, and executive staff. It also works well in shared workspace environments.
With the Cisco Spark Phone OS, the series provides flexible deployment options, whether Cisco on-premises, from the cloud, or in a hybrid configuration.
The portfolio is well suited for current customers who want to expand their investments in Cisco desktop video and voice communications. The 8800 Series can also support customers who have or are considering investment in UCaaS from other Cisco select service providers.
An Enhanced User Experience.
The IP Phone 8800 Series offers exceptional clarity and wideband audio voice communications. In addition, select models provide:
- One-touch collaboration with 720p HD desktop video
- Telephony feature integration with personal mobile devices using Cisco Intelligent Proximity for Mobile Voice
- One-button dialing and expanded status detail with optional Cisco IP Phone 8800 Key Expansion Module
- Optional expansion microphones for increased conference room coverage with Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831
- Ruggedized voice communications for your in-campus mobile workforce with Wireless IP Phone 8821 and Wireless Phone 8821-EX.
- Easier, More Cost-Effective Administration
The 8800 Series also helps you cut costs and keep it simple:
- Cisco on-premises, hosted, Spark cloud and third-party hosted call control platforms offer flexibility in deployment options
- Support for Cisco Expressway gives remote workers single sign-on access without a VPN client
- Cisco EnergyWise reduces energy costs and carbon footprint in off-work hours
- Gigabit Ethernet**, 802.11 Wi-Fi***, and 802.3af/at Power over Ethernet reduce installation and infrastructure costs
- Spark Phone OS common to the IP Phone 8800 Series and IP Phone 7800 Series reduces administrative costs.
Phone models and telephony features may vary by vendor platform. Consult your third-party call control vendor for details on feature and models supported.
Gigabit Ethernet is available on all models with the exception of Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 8831
802.11 Wi-Fi is supported on 8861 and 8865 models only.